THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Color choices for the modern quilter

Dienstag, 10. Januar 2012

My last color choice was more decent, way of cool – so my today’s color scheme demands for something vibrant, warm.

If you wonder what that flickr photo might be about -

color choices for the modern quilter found from cobalt123 via flickr

it’s a macro shot of a lot of nursery bedding pots in the hothouse  ready for the next season of early planting. Would you have guessed?

Cool, huh? Well, I mean hot, or warm, or kind of cozy although it could also be rusty steel, something like that.

So, now my color palette

Color choice

I just can help but thinking of a crackling open fire, me in front of it, reading an exciting book.

What do you imagine seeing those colors? What inspirations do they give to you?

Mein letztes Farbschema war dezent und etwas kühl, deshalb war mir  dieses mal auf jeden Fall nach etwas Warmem, Farben mit Ausstrahlung. Falls du dich wunderst, was auf das auf dem Foto (bei Flickr gefunden) sein soll – es sind zusammengestapelte Blumentöpfe in einem Gewächshaus, die auf die neue Pflanzsaison warten. Cool, oder?

Nein, ich meine eigentlich eher warm, heiß, und auch irgendwie gemütlich. Die Farben könnten auch von einem Stahlrohr mit Rost sein oder so etwas ähnlichem.

Bei diesen Farben steigt in mir sofort ein inneres Bild von einem prasselnden Kaminfeuer auf, ich sitze (nein chille sagt man ja heute) davor, und lese ein spannendes Buch.

Was denkst du bei diesen Farben, welche Bilder oder Inspirationen verbindest du mit diesem rot?

Someone drew my attention in the last comments to the fatquartershop competition explained at quokka quilts and yes – I do my fabric selection for this nice activity. That means you can get all the fabrics I’ve chosen in only one shop, at fatquartershop.

Why not go there and try your own version?

See mine

fabric choices for the modern quilter 
Die Stoffe, die ich diesesmal ausgesucht habe, kann man allesamt in einem Shop bekommen, bei Fatquartershop.

2 Kommentare:

Kirsten hat gesagt…

Love your fabric choices Brigitte - the grey really sets off the warm colours!!

Katherine hat gesagt…

Great palette, Brigitte! I loved finding out where you're inspiration comes from and then seeing what fabrics you choose to make it happen.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for yours to be the winner in the contest.

.

 
site design by designer blogs